Dota 2 Patch 7.27d Focuses On Hero, Item Nerfs
Valve recently released Dota 2 patch 7.27d, which came as a surprise to many. Following patch 7.27c, the new patch comes with massive nerfs for strong heroes, item changes, and cost adjustments. While some changes may seem insignificant if taken individually, they could totally change the pro meta and put a spotlight on some underrated heroes.
The patch brought some big nerfs to the game’s strongest heroes, such as Underlord and Venomancer. Valve didn’t nerf all of them, but some of the most played and least played heroes saw changes to balance the pool. Fans and professional players can expect changes to heroes that have been played frequently in pro matches over the past few weeks.
Here are some of the significant changes in the hero pool:
- Spiderweb Strike movement speed bonus rescaled from 20/35/50/65% to 25/35/45/55%
- The effect of increasing movement speed from Spider Web Strike when equipped with Aganim’s Scepter has been recalculated from 30/50/70/90% to 35/50/65/80%.
- Power multiplier applied to Magnus reduced from 100% to 75%.
- Level 10 Talent changed from +200 Health to +0.3s Shockwave Slow Duration.
- Level 20 Talent changed from +8 Defense to +350 Health.
- Intelligence changed from 20 + 1.4 to 21 + 1.6.
- Base mana regeneration increased from 0 to 0.5.
- Plague Ward mana cost increased from 20 to 20/22/24/26.
- Plague Ward gold rewards increased from 14-17 to 15/17/19/21
- Sting damage reduced from 8/16/24/32 to 6/14/22/30
- Stinger’s slow effect decreased from 11/13/15/17% to 9/11/13/15%
- Smoke Potion effect no longer disappears from Double Storm.
- Level 10 Talent +350 Sweep Cast Range reduced to +300.
- Demonic Dagger damage reduced from 90/140/190/240 to 75/130/185/240
- Isolation damage reduced from 24/36/48/60 to 15/30/45/60
- Call Out Demons cooldown increased from 180/150/120 to 180/160/140
- Base strength reduced from 24 to 22.
- Time trap damage reduced from 25/30/35/40 to 20/25/30/35
- You can negate the Level 25 Time Rewind Talent with Break.
- Enchantment max health reduced from 200/400/800/1200 to 200/300/400/500
- Now grants +2/4/6/8 armor as a charm.
- Base strength increased by 2.
- Overpower mana cost decreased from 55/60/65/70 to 40/50/60/70
- Level 10 Talent changed from +175 Health to +1.5 Mana Regeneration
- Level 15 Talent changed from +2 Mana Regen to +300 Health.
- Flamestorm cast range reduced from 675 to 600/625/650/675
- Pit of Evil cooldown increased from 18/17/16/15 to 21/19/17/15
- Pit of Malice duration increased from 0.9/1.2/1.5/1.8 to 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8
- Atrophy Aura creep bonus changed from 4/5/6/7 to 2/4/6/8.
- Level 15 talent, Flamestorm Cooldown -3 seconds increased to -4 seconds.
New Items And Costs
Valve adjusted the stats of some of the most-used items in the game to help players acquire them more frequently. Two of these items also saw an increase and decrease in recipe cost.
Drum of Endurance
- The application of all stats has been reduced from +6 to +4.
- A 400 gold recipe is now required.
- Recipe cost lowered from 350 to 275.
- Minimum health decreased from 1500 to 1000.
- Now grants +4 Armor to the controlling creep.
Patch 7.27d is not an overhaul game update. However, it changes the way heroes are played in the pro scene. With the ongoing WePlay! Omega Leagu tournament, we’ll see how these changes impact the pro meta.